Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 6-Has been a few days

Day 4 and 5 were tough on the diet side. Eating half made me feel light headed and I did the exercises in the morning and got a headache both days during the jump rope. I manged though and have been eating half and did all the workouts making sure to do the higher number of reps within our range. Unfortunately the location in Shimoda in front of our house where I did the jump rope is concrete so frankly my knees are a bit achy as is my back surprisingly. I think the back is b/c of the crappy futons we have in our house. I also did some swimming in addition to our exercise which brings me to another question. If I go on bike rides, or do light running etc is that ok in addition to our PCP program? I doubt this will happen frequently but just curious. Saw a bunch more stingrays while swimming and a small Sole. Quite cool and the weather was terrific. My quads are feeling the extra workout and I am really pumped for this. I was getting so fed up of the damn treadmill. Also has anyone experienced mild discomfort on the soles of their feet while jumping rope?

3 comments:

  1. For the knees and the soles, look for something spongy to jump on. I use a scrap of carpet over those foam puzzle pieces they sell for kid playrooms. Lots of cushioning and the neighbors downstairs don't complain about the noise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude, my feet were a bit sore after the first couple days, probably cause I jumped on concrete without shoes, but since I have been jumping on more padded floors and with shoes. My legs definitely feel the burn though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do as much activity as you can handle. As the workouts get harder, you'll probably want to cut back.

    ReplyDelete