Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 40-This has been a very tough one

On the brink of quitting this week but keep telling myself it is half over. I am cooking en masse to allow me free time during the week which is spent watching movies. The exercises have reached a new level of difficulty but I can see the difference and I am down about 6 kilos. This morning I did the jump rope before eating and I will do the remainder of the exercises this evening. I seem to store a considerable amount of fat around my lower back and love handles. When will this go away? My gut has come in considerably. The jump rope has become less of a chore and I will jump rope for the rest of my life I think. For travelling it is so convenient-Just pack a small rope. The creep and floor jump are now the toughest for me. After the last set of each I am barely able to stand. (And I hate the pistol squat as well) My knees are feeling a bit worse for wear though. My pull ups have improved but I still find them nearly impossible. I really hope to be able to do 6-10 solid ones without cheating at some point. The diet is fine but my cravings for pizza, indian food and chocolate are becoming more pronounced. Everyone keeps telling me my face has sunken in. I notice it a bit but everyone keeps telling me that. Many others telling me I do not need to lose weight so why am I bothering. I want to get down to 90 kilos and if that big lump of back fat leaves I think I will get there. I think work is making this much more difficult as the market for us is terrible and it seems like finger pointing and back stabbing is increasing. Heading to the states for Thanksgiving so will get a break from work before too long.

7 comments:

  1. This is the real deal man. When the shit hits the fan like this 90% of people crumple and abandon their fitness goals. Will you join that statistic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will go away. Probably, annoyingly, when you stop thinking about it. I like your weekend cooking/weeknight movie plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanksgiving will be interesting. Not sure how it is at your household, but there isn't much that is compliant at mine. hang in there - this week seemed really hard on everyone and a lot of internal debate of whether or not enough is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, hang in there. Almost half way. Im in the same boat as you, the back fat, love handles and gut are still there. I always check out "complete" blogs and if you look at the photos, alot of the people at this mark still havent shed THAT much weight yet. Think the best is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on bud, I have been feeling miserable recently as you know, but gotta tough it out, will be worth it in the end...

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep it up! What would Brian Boytano do?

    ReplyDelete